The Trusted Online Casino Records We All Should Know About
Since 2012 the number of licensed online gambling operators in Spain has not stopped growing. This means that players have more and more to choose from and with better conditions.
Common sense dictates that before registering to get a voucher and give your details to any company, check if it has a VAT number, its registered office … and what means you have to contact it in case of problems. If they are going to offer you a service, it is logical that they have an operational and easily accessible customer service.
This is essential to hire the services of any type of company, but the demands grow when it comes to a casino or online betting house. In addition to ensuring a fun time playing, we need to know that the funds we deposit will be available, and that the collection of our bets is guaranteed.
National And International Gaming Commissions
There are currently two types of licensed casinos: country-specific, and those that operate in unregulated locations. On the one hand, there are the European countries, which have their own government body dedicated to verifying the gambling websites that serve their citizens and residents. They usually give free support to players in case of abuse, and make sure their rights are respected.
On the other hand, there are gambling commissions (Curaçao, the Isle of Man, Gibraltar …) belonging to places considered tax havens and therefore with a high proliferation of online gambling operators. They offer their services internationally and base the reputation of online casinos established in their territory on the prestige of the licenses they grant, after submitting them to a verification system by independent laboratories. They are used by players in places where online gambling is not regulated.
What To Value Beyond National Gambling Licenses
- General license to operate online in Spain, and specific licenses for each of the game modes they offer (blackjack, slot machines, roulette, horse racing, counterpart bets, contests and raffles …). Ideally, each casino should add a reference to their DGOJ licenses, but if not, you can always look for them directly in the online registry of licensed operators.
- Terms and Conditions always clear and visible. It is essential that they consider aspects such as:
- – what happens if you win a jackpot playing with bonus money
- – in what order do you bet your balance in real money and from bonuses
- – what are the requirements to release the money from a bonus (rollover)
- – what they allow you to play using bonuses
- Certifications granted by independent laboratories specialized in testing RNGs software, in addition to licenses issued by other commissions for gambling regulation, apart from the DGOJ. Among the most prestigious are those of European states considered epicenters of online gambling: Malta, Alderney, the UK Gambling Commission …
- Protection of your data and transactions: methods of deposit and withdrawal, identity verification, compliance with the Data Protection Law and encryption systems and protection of information against malicious third parties.
- Demo versions, game instructions, features, bet limit, maximum available prize and data as important as RTP or volatility, easy to locate for each of the games they offer. Choose the games taking into account the RTP or percentage of theoretical return to the player, because it is what determines the advantage of the casino and makes your chances of winning vary from game to game. Similarly, the more volatile a game is, the more time you will have to spend playing to win a prize.